This popular training and certification sequence has undergone a significant upgrade! We are now offering a new ten-day format in two parts.
5 days based on Jerry’s best-selling book The Enneagram Spectrum of Personality Styles: an Introductory Guide. This is a comprehensive approach to the Enneagram using the Enneagram Spectrum system. At the end of this training, participants will be issued a certificate as a Certified Teacher in the Enneagram Spectrum Method.
5 days based on Nine Lenses on the World: the Enneagram Perspective. This is a deeper dive into each style. New perspectives, exercises, and techniques for self-transformation and for presenting the Enneagram will be layered onto what was learned in Part 1. At the end of this training, participants will be issued a certificate as a Certified Advanced Teacher in the Enneagram Spectrum Method.
My Enneagram Training Programs are accredited by the International Enneagram Association. As an honorary founder of the IEA, I am accredited with honor. Participants who want to be recognized as an Accredited Enneagram Professional can count my programs toward their own accreditation through the IEA.
Who Will Benefit from These Trainings?
Anyone wishing to expand their knowledge of the Enneagram to enhance their work with individuals or groups.
- therapists, counselors, psychologists, social workers
- 30 CEU’s are available for each training for social workers, and counselors (License no: IL 159-001178)
- 30 CEU’s are available for each training for psychologists (License no: IL 268-000036)
- spiritual and retreat directors, ministers
- business coaches and consultants
- managers, human resource personnel
Anyone interested in personal development and insight into their own personality style and the styles of people in their life
Part I Training
What Will You Take Away from Part I?
You will learn the following content:
- the historical roots of the Enneagram
- what streams of perennial wisdom and contemporary psychology feed into this system?
- the theoretical framework on which the Enneagram is based
- how do the pieces of the Enneagram puzzle fit together?
- the key features of the nine Enneagram styles
- what does each style look, sound, and feel like?
- the resourceful and less-resourceful cognitive, emotional, and behavioral schemas of each style
- what are the adaptive and maladaptive features of each style?
- the paradigm shifts in response to inner and outer stressors
- what happens when each style is relaxed or under pressure?
- different traditions and approaches to the Enneagram and resources available
- books, audio and video tapes, test instruments, newsletters, organizations, etc.
You will receive the following materials:
- Enneagram Spectrum of Personality Styles: an Introductory Guide
- 136 page introductory text containing 30 reflection questions and a structure for understanding and presenting the Enneagram system
- Wagner Enneagram Personality Style Scales (WEPSS)
- Participants will learn how to administer and interpret this questionnaire (available online and in hard-copy format), the only Enneagram inventory published by a major psychological test company with sufficient research to be favorably reviewed in Buros’s Mental Measurements Yearbook
- At the end of this Part I training, participants will be issued a certificate as a Certified Teacher in the Enneagram Spectrum Method.
What is the Process Involved in the Training?
- Didactic input from an International Enneagram Association (IEA) Founder, accredited with honor professional teacher, and Enneagram author, researcher, and presenter for over 40 years; joined by co-trainer Kathryn Grant, certified Enneagram instructor and IEA accredited professional
- Experiential exercises to foster a practical understanding of the Enneagram’s theory and dynamics
- Audio and video tape material
- Panel interviews and discussions to hear the various styles in vivo
Part II Training
Content of the 5-Day Enneagram Spectrum Training Part II
This Training expands on the material from Part I which was based on the Enneagram Spectrum of Personality Styles: an Introductory Guide. Part II of the Training is based on the Nine Lenses on the World: the Enneagram Perspective, providing a different metaphor and model to look at the Enneagram while going broader and deeper into the nine styles.
- We’ll be exploring how each person can appreciate her or his own gifts or Sweet Spots and how we can expand our repertoire of adaptive thoughts, feelings, and behaviors.
- In our area of avoidance or blind spots we’ll discover further techniques for integrating our shadow or rejected elements into our acceptable self-image.
- We’ll learn more about the 4 R’s so we’ll be able to recognize, relabel, reown, and recycle our polarities and use this process with clients.
- We’ll see which types are likely receptacles for our trash and how they can recycle our projections in a healthy manner.
- We’ll reflect on early childhood hurts, our hot spots, and how we fashioned our style to protect us from being hurt that way again.
- We’ll explore the adaptive and maladaptive schemas of each style.
- We’ll discover how we maintain, avoid, and compensate for our maladaptive beliefs.
- We’ll learn how we can let go of our not-so-helpful thoughts and replace them with more useful schemas and stories.
- We’ll go deeper into the wings or neighbors of each style and the points of relaxation and stress of each type, the arrows, so we can expand our own personal options.
- We’ll broaden our understanding of subtypes, highlighting the latest thinking of Claudio Naranjo, Bea Chestnut, Mario Sikora, and other Enneagram teachers.
- We’ll practice interpreting my Enneagram inventory so you’ll have more ideas of how to use the WEPSS with your own clients.
- We’ll introduce more exercises for using the Enneagram to transform your own life
- We’ll offer additional techniques and formats for using the Enneagram with individuals and teams.
Materials for the 5-Day Enneagram Spectrum Training Part II
- Nine Lenses on the World: the Enneagram Perspective
- 537 page comprehensive text on the theory and styles of the Enneagram
- complimentary companion to the training
- Wagner Enneagram Personality Style Scales (WEPSS)
- further exercises for interpreting test results
- Suggested workshop exercises and materials
- Advanced Teacher Certification
- At the conclusion of this Part II Training, participants will be issued a certificate as a Certified Advanced Teacher in the Enneagram Spectrum Model.