Enneagram Training and Certification Program
The Enneagram spectrum of personality styles has proven to be useful in many contexts such as personal, couple, and family therapy; spiritual direction; business consulting and coaching around leadership, management, and team building; learning and teaching styles. Since the Enneagram touches on many levels of reality, it can be applied at varying levels of intensity and depth.
This training and certification program is designed for individuals wishing to use the Enneagram in workshops, small groups, or one-to-one interactions in these various business, educational, consulting, therapeutic, and spiritual development settings. Individuals wishing to enhance their own personal and interpersonal understanding and development can also profit from this training.
Participants will learn:
- The historical roots of the Enneagram
what streams of perennial wisdom feed into this system?
- The theoretical framework on which the Enneagram is based
how do the pieces of the Enneagram fit together?
- The key features of the nine Enneagram styles
what does each style look, sound, and feel like?
- The resourceful and less-resourceful cognitive, emotional, and behavioral schemas of each style
what are the adaptive and maladaptive features of each style?
- The paradigm shifts in response to inner and outer stressors
what happens when each style is relaxed or under pressure?
- The influence of neighboring styles and subtype variations
what else influences the expression of each style?
- Different traditions and approaches to the Enneagram and resources available
books, audio and video tapes, test instruments, newsletters, organizations, etc.
- Methods of presenting the Enneagram
workshop outlines, exercises, marketing suggestions, etc.
Strategies used to attain these goals will be:
- didactic input from an internationally known Enneagram teacher
- experiential exercises to foster a practical understanding of the Enneagram’s theory and dynamics
- audio and video tape material
- panel interviews and discussions to hear the various styles in vivo
- written handout materials and resources
Participants will receive 36 to 40 hours of continuing education credit, depending on whether the Training is for 5 or 6 days.
The Enneagram Spectrum of Personality Styles: an Introductory Guide by Jerome Wagner, containing 30 reflection questions, an explanation of the structure of the Enneagram, and concise descriptions of the Enneagram styles.
Nine Lenses on the World: the Enneagram Perspective by Jerome Wagner, a 540 page in-depth exploration of the Enneagram styles.
The Wagner Enneagram Personality Style Scales (WEPSS), published by Western Psychological Services (Los Angeles, CA) 1999. Participants will take the WEPSS online and will receive a copy of the autoscore form of the inventory.
A binder with 135 pages of handout materials and workshop suggestions.
A CD with 174 PowerPoint slides.
It is strongly recommended that participants have a previous knowledge of the Enneagram either through reading or preferably through an introductory workshop.