Enneagram Training and Certification Program
The Enneagram spectrum of personality styles has proven to be useful in many contexts such as personal, couple, and family therapy; spiritual direction; business consulting and coaching around leadership, management, and team building; learning and teaching styles. Since the Enneagram touches on many levels of reality, it can be applied at varying levels of intensity and depth.
This training and certification program is designed for individuals wishing to use the Enneagram in workshops, small groups, or one-to-one interactions in these various business, educational, consulting, therapeutic, and spiritual development settings. Individuals wishing to enhance their own personal and interpersonal understanding and development can also profit from this training.
Participants will learn:
- The historical roots of the Enneagram
what streams of perennial wisdom feed into this system?
- The theoretical framework on which the Enneagram is based
how do the pieces of the Enneagram fit together?
- The key features of the nine Enneagram styles
what does each style look, sound, and feel like?
- The resourceful and less-resourceful cognitive, emotional, and behavioral schemas of each style
what are the adaptive and maladaptive features of each style?
- The paradigm shifts in response to inner and outer stressors
what happens when each style is relaxed or under pressure?
- The influence of neighboring styles and subtype variations
what else influences the expression of each style?
- Different traditions and approaches to the Enneagram and resources available
books, audio and video tapes, test instruments, newsletters, organizations, etc.
- Methods of presenting the Enneagram
workshop outlines, exercises, marketing suggestions, etc.
Strategies used to attain these goals will be:
- didactic input from an International Enneagram Association (IEA) Founder, accredited with honor professional teacher, and Enneagram author, researcher, and presenter for over 40 years
30 CEU’s are available for social workers, and counselors (License no: IL 159-001178) and for psychologists (License no: IL 268-000036).
The Wagner Enneagram Personality Style Scales (WEPSS). Participants will learn how to administer and interpret this questionnaire, the only Enneagram inventory published by a major psychological test company, Western Psychological Services, with sufficient research to be reviewed in Buros’s Mental Measurements Yearbook (2003). Participants will receive a code to take the WEPSS online at www.wepss.com.
It is strongly recommended that participants have a previous knowledge of the Enneagram either through reading or preferably through an introductory workshop.